Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bacon Dessert

First there was haut-chocolat with bacon. It was good. Then there were pig lickers. They were only slightly less good. Sometimes I wonder if bacon desserts are to my generation what Jell-o was to the 1960s: "the vehicle for subversive and rebellious expression." 

I have joined the cause. Today I made Love Me Tender Peanut Butter Bacon and Banana Cookies

And they were good.

Cook the bacon until it's nice and crispy. For more banana flavor, I substituted 1/4 c. mashed banana for 1/4 c. of the peanut butter. On my next batch I won't bother turning the bacon into a praline. Just use chopped crispy bacon. And I mean cook 1/2 lb. of bacon, chop it up and add it to the cookie dough.


This post does not reflect the views or preferences of all Craft It Up staff and management. 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

They were just "good?" Will you make them again? Were they super bacon-y? Poor little piggies - I'm sure they never imagined they would be used in the baking arena!