Friday, March 2, 2007

Amy Butler's Cabo Halter


Elana gave me Amy Butler's Cabo Halter pattern for the holidays and I finally got around to making it from the Belle Collection pine/coriander fabric. I'm really happy with the way it turned out but I had to make slight modifications to the top to get it to lay flat (which is nearly impossible to do by yourself, by the way...thanks, Duke!). It was the first time I installed an invisible zipper, which requires a special presser foot. (Who knew?! I found out the hard way that the ~$3 Coats and Clark invisible zipper foot doesn't work on my Husqvarna, so I ended up purchasing the "Fashion Fun" kit which was only about $10 more than buying the zipper foot by itself and includes an additional foot, seam ripper and some other goodies.) Now I just have to wait for summer!

No comments: